Monday, February 23, 2009

What God has shown me


We are half - hearted creatures,
fooling about with drink and sex and ambition
when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child
who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum
because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer
of a holiday at the sea.

We are far too easily pleased.

C.S. Lewis

This was the meditation in our worship bulletin this weekend.

Quite profound! 

When I think of my life just a few short months ago I can't help but see myself as that child making mud pies.

Content with the knowledge of my salvation yet too busy with the mud to see beyond the grace that has been given me to the possibilities of daily life walking hand in hand with my savior on the shore basking in the warmth of his love, secure in His safekeeping.

My prayer is that never again will I be content in the mud.

No comments: