Monday, August 23, 2010
61. A week of getting reacquainted
62. Worship at church with Brett by my side ... my favorite hymn Isaiah 43 .... always makes me cry, this time tears of joy!
63. Answered prayer, within three days home a job offer and an interview!!
64. A trip to the zoo .... seriously, how can anyone think that our beautiful earth and all of the wonders of creation came to be just by chance??
65. hummingbirds found my feeder!
66. steak dinner with Brett ... gift from grandpa and grandma
67. healthy legs, heart and lungs that carry me as I try to turn myself into a runner
68. My found boy coming along on my run .... so many times I walked alone praying for him the whole way
69. Paul, the one other person who can fully appreciate and share my joy!!
70. skype .... Blake is so far away yet we can speak face to face!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Only a day late this time ....
I have spent much time on this blog writing about my oldest child, my lost boy, (now found) that I haven't written about my other children much
51. Lindly, my only daughter who is as unique and lovely as her name, given to her by her dad, who was away on a ship at the time of her birth. She is my ally in this sea of testosterone I live in.
52. Blake, who will be running with the Buffaloes soon (as in the University of Colorado Buffaloes) My heart is already aching at the thought of his absence ... he brings such joy into our home with his wonderful humor ... he makes us all laugh
53. Joel, my youngest. He has touched my heart by the way he so quickly forgave his older brother. When I felt the whole world was against my lost boy ... he was one who stood with me.
54. Paul and his unending patience with me.
55. Listening Prayer .. a wonderful book about learning to hear God's voice ...
56. air conditioning .... it's HOT outside
57. chemo therapy and radiation ... killing cancer cells in my dear dad's body
58. my mom and her undying devotion to dad
60. a phone call from a friend ... rejoicing with me as I count down the days until Brett comes home.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Ohh maybe someday I will find the consistency I have been looking for, maybe next week it will turn up. I have been looking for quite some time. I suspect it is around here somewhere, not lost, just misplaced.
I digress ... even though it's been awhile since I put gratitude to screen. I continue with my list of a thousand blessings (even though a thousand is but a mere sampling of multitudes I've been blessed with)
41. Paul .... can I ever have a list that would not include him?
42. Flipping the calendar to August to finally see the day my prodigal son will once again grace our table.
43. Gray cat purring in my lap .... a seemingly small blessing that brings an abundance of peace and rest for my soul each day.
44. technology that connects me to a dear friend thousands of miles away ... i miss her, even years later
45. unexpected concert tickets on a balmy Friday night ... good time with blessing number 41
47. good neighbors
48. a hot summer to follow up such a bitter cold winter
49. a child who has the gift of humor .... who always makes me laugh, even when he isn't trying to be funny
50. legacy .... mom and dad and 49 years of marriage