Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Storm

I had originally written this back in March, I don't know why I didn't post it. Perhaps it just got lost in the storm. I was going over old posts this evening and found it. I wanted to post it now because I remember where I was when I wrote it and while I may not be on a mountain top yet, the sun is shining. In any case here it is......

I find myself in a spiritual storm of sorts today

I saw it coming.... 

There were dark clouds, rumbling.... yes, the signs of an impending storm were definitely there

Yet I was as powerless to stop it as I would be to stop a real thunderstorm

At times the thunder is deafening
I see flashes of lightning everywhere
The rain is relentless, pounding down all around me
The wind is fierce I can hardly hear myself think as it howls all through the night

At first I was so frightened by this storm
The rain blinded me, the lightning terrified me, I could hardly walk....
paralyzed, as the wind gusted all around me eventually casting me down like a rag doll

It was there, on my face, completely bewildered and frightened that I heard a voice........

Come to Me my child

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

He reached down from Heaven and ever so gently picked me up and gathered me to Himself

Here in His arms the rain, thunder, and lightning cannot touch me. For I know that the rain falls, and the lightning flashes and the wind blows only at his will

I don't know when this storm will end but I do know that just like real storms are needed to cleanse and water the earth. There is a reason for this one in my life 

I know the sun will shine again

Until then I will lean into His arms and wait


1 comment:

Laura said...

This is so beautiful, Tina.

How are you, friend?

I have been remiss in blogging lately. But I think of you often and pray for your Brett too.

Will you write a poem for me? I bet you would be great...