Friday, May 22, 2009

Blake



Just a short post today

Life around here has been so tragic of late

I haven't posted much about my other children as the drama of the oldest has kind of encroached upon all territory

Today Blake really made me laugh out loud though

it was not his intention to make me laugh and I do believe my laughter annoyed him to no end

so, I just had to share....

Parents of teenagers will at least smile if not lol

here is our dialogue as he was preparing to go to school and then on to his regional track meet.


Blake "mom, do you have any cash?"

Me  "Umm, no I don't"

Blake  (in an exasperated tone)" Sigh, Why Not??"

Me  "Hmm, I dunno I just don't find myself in need of cash very often, I use my check card"

Blake "Geez mom, you REALLY need to carry cash"

Me "Why?"

Blake "Because I need cash all the time!!"


I don't know why but I thought this was hilarious......


Blake did not share my humor



3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm laughing right along with you. Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well lately. You and yours remain in my prayers.

Hugs to you,
Stacy

Heather said...

That is funny! I maybe haven't heard the exact same conversation, but the point was the same. Those teenagers do think they need a lot of cash:)

The Dementia Nurse said...

Thanks, Tina for the LOL this morning! Blake's quote could have come straight from the mouth of my seventeen year old daughter. Thank goodness we have an ENDLESS stream of cash to keep these kids afloat; oh wait, no, we DON"T. It's called, "Get a job." Thinking of you and yours today.