Tuesday, April 28, 2009

8 Things

I found this over at my friend Stacy's blog. I'm not one to shy away from good wholesome fun so I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't have a lot of bloggy friends so like Stacy I will just say if you want to play consider yourself tagged.

It's really simple to play, just complete the 8 things. Oh and leave me a comment so I can visit your 8 things list.

8 Things I look forward to
1. Quiet time with God
2. My visits with Brett
3. It doesn't matter which one but I always look forward to watching my kids compete whether it is softball, track, or wrestling. 
4. Having Lindly home from school
5. Each day when Paul comes home from work, after 25 years of marriage I can still say it is usually the highlight of my day
6. Chatting with my mom on the phone.
7. Spending time with friends.
8. Christmas time!

8 Things I did yesterday
1. Took Jack for a walk.
2. swept and mopped the floors.
3. Spoke with Brett on the phone.
4. Mailed two letters to the jail, one to Brett and one to Devon who refers to Brett as his brother from another mother, and addresses his letters to me mother Tina.
5. Organized and cleaned Blake's room for the millionth time in an effort to help him to be better organized.
6. Cleaned the litter box..... I hate this chore!
7. Made chicken quesadillas for dinner.
8. Ran into an acquaintance at the store who asked about Brett and told me she has been praying for him. An amazing thing happened, I was able to talk about it without crying!

8 Shows I watch
1. Heroes
2. Survivor
3. America's Next Top Model
4. Project Runway
5. Lost..... I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I really think they just totally make it up as they go along and there will be no suitable resolution once it comes to an end. I have sworn off of it several times but I never hold fast and keep getting sucked back in.... 
6. 24, this I watch with Paul and probably wouldn't watch if he didn't
7. The Amazing Race same as above
8. Depending on the subject matter I watch Oprah on occasion.

8 Movies I could watch over and over

1. Dances with Wolves 
2. Sense and Sensibility
3. Emma
4. Gone with the Wind
5. Jane Eyre....... are we seeing a trend here??
6. In Her Shoes
7. The Princess Bride
8. Ever after

3 comments:

Laura said...

This is so fun, Tina! I've been MIA for a while...I have missed you! I wish there were more hours in the day for bloggy fun, don't you?

I think about you often and you are in my prayers.

Tina said...

Laura,

I do! (Wish there was more time). I hope you find the time to do an 8 things list.

It is good to know there are sisters out there praying for me. I need all the prayers I can get, the enemy has come at me in a fierce way lately. I hear from him less and less though and soon he will flee I am sure of it!

Liz said...

Tina,
I played 8 things off of Pam's blog. Yours are a little different and cool too. (I must have missed Stacy's)

Still praying for you too. Sad how things have ended up.