Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wired

So I didn't win the scholarship to "She Speaks" {tiny sigh}

It's all good though because I know that My big and wonderful Heavenly Father is in control of all things

Things big and small , things heavy and light .......

Whether I go this year or the next or even at all rests with Him.

I have a desire to go, to begin to learn how to tell this amazing story of His faithfulness, power, and grace as it has played out in my life over the last seven years. To tell it in such a way to point people to Him.  As I have prayed I've realized that it is more than just this one story.

There is a popular story told to illustrate spiritual gifts.

A group of people are assembled in the fellowship hall of a local church preparing for a celebration. A woman comes in carrying a large cake. As she enters the room she stumbles and falls, the cake tumbles down with her.

Immediately a man rushes to her side "are you ok? Here, let me help you up"

Another pipes up and begins organizing and directing others. "Mary, get the first aid kit." "Bob, could you go and get a mop?" "Nancy, please see if we can get another cake."

A woman cannot help herself but to say "Oh my if you had been looking where you were going this wouldn't have happened"

A fourth man begins to regale the woman with a tale of a time when he found himself in a similar embarrassing situation

The first time I heard this story I realized "that's me!"

The woman who stumbled and fell    ha ha ............ No


It struck me that I would be the one with the overwhelming urge to comfort and encourage the one who was on her face. Possibly in pain, most likely embarrassed.


The first guy probably has the gift of service or helps .... first on the scene to get to work


The second guy obviously a leader begins to delegate

Third gal, most likely a prophet, regardless of feelings is compelled to point out the truth of the situation.

Then there is the fourth guy, or me! The one who wants to comfort and encourage.

Scripture tells me it is how God has wired me ...

Romans 12:6
"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."

Recently a leadership role in a ladies bible study was offered to me and I accepted. I have received some very valuable training and encouragement from a host of godly women. I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful ministry. I know that it is part of God's sovereign hand in my life, leading, guiding, preparing me for future ministry.

So, for now I will continue on the path He has set before me, and I will try my best to encourage whomever He brings my way.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are certainly that person! I cannot wait to see how God uses your story. I know He has used it in my life to bless me as I have watched you walk through the last few years. I love you!